Keep your brand top of mind with Walmart customers
With 16 million searches every day on Walmart.com, brands can take advantage of Sponsored Products to get customers to notice their brand, consider their offerings and act. This guide is designed to help advertisers create successful Walmart Sponsored Products campaigns and turn their ad dollars into business revenue.
At Walmart, when we can connect our customers to the products they want through relevant ads, they win. And our advertisers win.
What is Walmart Sponsored Products?
Walmart Sponsored Products ads help customers discover and purchase products sold on Walmart.com. Ads appear in prominent, high-traffic placements such as Search In-grid, Buy Box and Product Carousel. Sponsored Products are native, cost-per-click ads that drive customers to Walmart's product detail pages.
Who may run a Walmart Sponsored Products campaign?
Walmart Sponsored Products ads are available to brands, Marketplace Sellers, vendors and agencies. The advertised products must be in stock on Walmart.com and win the buy box.
To be eligible for Search In-grid placement, products also must:
- Appear within the top 128 organic search results
- Rank higher than or equal to their organic search ranking
- Be of the same category as the search query
- Be of same product type as at least one non-sponsored product in the top 20 results
Why should advertisers invest in Walmart Sponsored Products?
- To improve visibility for products that rank low in search
- To increase velocity for best sellers, hot inventory, or seasonal items
- To stand out among crowded categories where there is competition
- To maximize profitable SKUs and increase share of wallet
How and when do Sponsored Products ads appear?
Walmart’s algorithm serves Sponsored Products ads based on the product’s relevancy and the cost-per-click (CPC) bid price. To determine relevancy the algorithm looks at qualities such as product title and description, click frequency and product category.
Where do these ads appear?
Search In-grid: In slot 3, 5, 6 or 12 on search, browse and category pages